Facts About Daniel Radcliffe: Even if you’re not a fan of the Harry Potter movies. It’s impossible not to recognize the name, Daniel Radcliffe alongside Emma Watson. He became not only one of the most-loved characters on screen but also one of the world’s favourite actors.
25 Fascinating Facts About Daniel Radcliffe
- His full name is Daniel Jacob Radcliffe. He is 29 years old and born on 23rd July 1989.
- While most people knew him after the Harry Potter movies were released. This wasn’t his first appearance on the screen.
- When he was just 10 years old, he played the young David Copperfield in the BBC’s adaptation of David Copperfield.
- He got the part after his mother sent in a Polaroid photograph of her son to the BBC.
- His first major movie was The Tailor of Panama, in which he played Mark Pendel.
- He was 11 years old when he was cast in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. The first Harry Potter movie to be created.
- Daniel Radcliffe broke over 80 wands while filming the Harry Potter movies. Because he used them as drumsticks!
- Radcliffe played Harry Potter for ten years, before finishing in 2011. With the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
- During his later years on the set of Harry Potter. He has nicknamed Harry Puffer as a result of his smoking habit.
- He is known for losing his cigarette lighters and regularly asks his fans if he can borrow one.
- Can you imagine Harry Potter as anybody other than Daniel Radcliffe? His parents almost didn’t let him take on the role since they thought it might be too big a commitment for him.
- He found out he had got the part while he was at home in the bath.
- Both J. K. Rowling and Chris Columbus stated that Radcliffe was their first choice for the part.
- In a bid to convince Radcliffe’s parents to let him take the part. Warner Bros agreed to a contract where filming would be in the United Kingdom only. This meant he didn’t have to travel to Los Angeles.
- David Heyman, the producer of the Harry Potter movies met Daniel and his father Alan at a play. Heyman thought Radcliffe would be perfect for the part and invited him to audition.
- His favourite of the Harry Potter books is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- He proved himself to be an extremely reliable cast member and only took two days off in all the ten years of filming.
- While most fans of the movies would think the other actors would be his closest friends. He actually found a best friend in one of the costume department staff. Who were 41 years old with two children.
- Daniel Radcliffe has described himself as having an addictive personality and has said that he almost developed an alcohol addiction in 2009.
- In interviews, he mentioned how he would sometimes turn up for work half-drunk.
- He suffers from Dyspraxia, a condition which affects coordination and movement.
- In the Broadway production of Equus, Daniel Radcliffe appeared nude and says he doesn’t have a problem with it at all.
- He is 5’5 tall, which many fans are surprised to discover.
- Radcliffe was concerned that Emma Watson and Rupert Grint would surpass him in stature during the filming of the Harry Potter movies.
- When he first read the Harry Potter books. He didn’t like them; however, he finished reading them all after being offered the title role.
Facts About Daniel Radcliffe, 25 Fascinating Facts About Daniel Radcliffe,